Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sketchbook Doodles


First of three drawings from my sketchbooks that I decided to scan and color. This one is of a humanoid kirin. Kirin are rather like dragon unicorns and originate from eastern mythology typically Chinese and Japanese. I thought she was rather stoic so I colored her in!


Second drawing I colored. Just some vintage lady in a fox stole. She turned out looking grumpy, but I think it's still fun.



Third and final colored doodle. A moody self portrait. Who hasn't felt down in the dumps? I always thought I have a very particular look to me when I get upset. I've been compared to Rudolf the red nosed reindeer and the like. Also If you have light eyes like I do they tend to get extremely bright. No clue why.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I think the moody lady in the hat and stole is awesome, and could see her as an unlovable step-mother type. Your faces are always really expressive, and I enjoy that. :)

    ReplyDelete